Who has not ever dreamed of visiting Egypt?
Land of pharaohs and pyramid, the cradle of kind people proud of their history. Live the adventure of visiting so many impressive monuments of great archeological value declared by UNESCO World Heritage, enjoy a wonderful cruise on the Nile River or go diving in the Red Sea. There are so many options that will make this trip an unforgettable memory.
If you are one of those tireless travelers who are thinking about living that fascinating experience, we invite you to take the first step and find out what an eVisa is and what to do to obtain this essential document to travel to Egypt.
An eVisa is an official document that allows you to travel to Egypt and move within that country. It is an electronic document that emerged as an alternative to visas granted by the Egyptian Government through its points of entry and the Embassies and Consulates of that country abroad to make this process faster and easier to obtain. The precise instructions for obtaining the electronic visa can be found on the website of the electronic visa portal of the Government of Egypt, which is the official website to issue an electronic visa. In that same website, you can check if your country of origin is one of the 46 countries eligible for an electronic visa, which would be the first step of the procedure.
Steps to request an eVisa to Egypt:
- Create an account with your email and password, which should be the same to use in the next step. In this process, the applicant is allowed to choose the language.
- Fill out this form with your personal information: name, surname, email, and password.
- Wait for an email that confirms your account and authorizes you to enter the system.
- Validate the email and access the website to begin the procedure that must be performed at least 7 days before your date of arrival in Egypt.
- Fill in the traveling information.
- Next, you must answer the section of applicant details.
- You will now be asked to fill in passport information.
- You must fill in the information related to the contact details that include the email, a telephone number, and your address.
- Finally, you will be asked to upload the required documentation, which in this case is the copy of the applicant’s passport. Once you upload this file, you will be asked again for your name, surname, and date of birth, nationality and passport number. The passport format must be .jpg or .png and must exceed 500 KB and the file copy name cannot have special characters or blank spaces.
- Enter the requested information regarding the type of trip, your contact in the country and the person responsible for your stay expenses.
- We carefully check all the points before confirming to ensure the accuracy of the information since it must match the passport.
There are certain details that you should know about the application, such as:
- The acquisition of eVisa does not mean that it is the definitive authorization to enter Egypt.
- The visa payment is not returnable.
- Using eVisa to do business or work is a crime.
- The expiration time of incomplete or unpaid applications is 7 days
- Upon arrival in Egypt, you must present a copy of ETA at the point of entry.
- Each adult visitor must have their account in the processing. Only children can use the parent’s account.
- Once informed and in agreement with everything explained, you can accept and the system will direct you to the page of the bank where you will pay the request.
b1b2 interview questions
With the valid passport, the eVisa printout, your travel itinerary, your supporting letter and your hotel booking that you must present upon arrival, you can now pack your bags to know that paradise called Egypt.